The Fractal Cosmos wall calendar features the organic computer-generated designs of Alice Kelley, who says, “Fractals are an intuitive glimpse into the infinite order that composes the natural world, as well as being proof that math is beautiful.”
- 12″ x 12″ wall calendar (12″ x 24″ open).
- A year of awe-inspiring fractal artwork on your wall.
- The perfect gift for math and computer science enthusiasts.
- 12 psychedelic computer-generated abstract designs by Alice Kelley.
- Features quotes from scientific luminaries such as Galileo, Georg Cantor, and Charles Darwin.
- We Plant Trees — Amber Lotus Publishing, an independent carbon-negative US company, has planted more than three quarters of a million trees since 2008.
- High-quality printing on premium paper stock.
- Printed on paper sourced from a combination of sustainably managed forests and recycled materials.
- Features US and Canadian legal holidays, phases of the moon, and important observances of the world’s major religions.
Fractals are the visual depictions of mathematical equations — the same equations, in fact, that describe natural phenomena such as crystal growth, galaxy formation, plant shapes, and weather patterns. A computer program assigns a color to each point in the image based on the answers to a chosen equation, which then results in cosmic or abstract fractal shapes. Dozens of variables are manipulated in order to create these fascinating images.
From the Publisher
We Love Trees
Amber Lotus Publishing is a carbon-negative independent publisher based in Portland, Oregon. We’re honored to work with Trees for the Future to replenish the resources used in crafting our products. TREES is a non-profit agroforestry resource center that helps communities across six countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
We cherish the Earth and are actively offsetting the impact of our publishing activities. Each year we plant over 20 times more trees than are used to create our products.
Thank you for purchasing our calendars, greeting cards, coloring books, and journals. And for being a part of our mission.